Olectric Systems are industry leaders in the field of sailing. Our team are not only qualified electricians and electronics technicians, they are also highly experienced sailors. From recreational sailing through to grand prix racing, Olectric Systems have actively participated in these activities for over 30 years.
We are experienced in the following:
- Supply, install and commission Navigation Electronics
- Repair and service instruments including large spare parts workshop
- Sell new or upgrade charts including Navionics, C-Map and AusENC
- Install and upgrade charting software including Expedition & MaxSea
- Installation of VHF/AIS communication
- Configuring Satellite TV, Phone, and internet solutions
- Battery Management, charging & monitoring
- Automation and control – PLC technology
- Digital switching, monitoring, and controlling
- Entertainment systems
- Camera and monitoring systems
- Radio Certificates for upcoming offshore racing
- B&G Regatta support – Hamilton Island Race week
WS320 Wind Sensor
A high precision wireless wind sensor from B&G, designed for cruising and club racing sailors. The WS320 wireless wind sensor pack offers a high performance solution, with exceptional data accuracy and improved aerodynamics, which is easy to install.
Reichel Pugh 56 ‘Vasara‘ Build
The Team at Olectric, led by technician Nick Mrdjen, have recently been involved in the successfully completed build and commissioning of the Reichel Pugh 56 Vessel ‘Vasara’. The project began over 2 years ago and has demanded extensive hours of dedicated work from the team. Involved in this project was a significant number of complex equipment installations, all of which provide the latest racing displays and technology. Amongst the list of electrical installations within the vessel are B&G Nemesis Displays and H5000 Instruments, MasterVolt Lithium Batteries and Chargers, the Vesper VHF AIS, and CZone systems throughout. It was very exciting for Olectric, alongside McConaghy Boats, to see ‘Vasara’ finally launch in Sydney.
Upgrading an old series Chartplotter
Having a reliable and user friendly Chartplotter can make all the difference with your sailing experience – whether it’s for recreation or racing. The new Zeus3S range by B&G are designed just for sailing. We have had a number of clients upgrading to the Zeus3S as either a standalone product (connecting to existing systems) or as a full B&G System upgrade. They offer super-fast response times, delivering the information you need, when you need it. Easy-to-use, the Zeus 3S comes with B&G’s unique sailing features built-in; making it simple to navigate, plot routes, add waypoints and view key sailing or racing data, at the touch of a button or screen.