Olectric Systems are industry leaders in the field of sailing. Our team are not only qualified electricians and electronics technicians, they are also highly experienced sailors. From recreational sailing through to grand prix racing, Olectric Systems have actively participated in these activities for over 30 years.
We are experienced in the following:
- Supply, install and commission Navigation Electronics
- Repair and service instruments including large spare parts workshop
- Sell new or upgrade charts including Navionics, C-Map and AusENC
- Install and upgrade charting software including Expedition & MaxSea
- Installation of VHF/AIS communication
- Configuring Satellite TV, Phone, and internet solutions
- Battery Management, charging & monitoring
- Automation and control – PLC technology
- Digital switching, monitoring, and controlling
- Entertainment systems
- Camera and monitoring systems
- Radio Certificates for upcoming offshore racing
- B&G Regatta support – Hamilton Island Race week
WS320 Wind Sensor
A high precision wireless wind sensor from B&G, designed for cruising and club racing sailors. The WS320 wireless wind sensor pack offers a high performance solution, with exceptional data accuracy and improved aerodynamics, which is easy to install.
Electrical and Electronics upgrade
The Olectric Team, led by Grant Gosschalk have recently been involved in a complete rewire on vessel URM (former Ragamuffin) a 22m Farr 50. The scope of work was extensive and began with initial consultation and design with Owners and completion and approval of system schematics. All existing electrical and electronic wiring and componentry were removed from vessel and new DC electrical system circuits and equipment were installed including new switchboard, providing full control and monitoring of all systems. B&G H5000 electronics were installed providing the latest racing displays and technology which have been interfaced with existing equipment where possible to minimise costs.
Upgrading an old series Chartplotter
Having a reliable and user friendly Chartplotter can make all the difference with your sailing experience – whether it’s for recreation or racing. The new Zeus3S range by B&G are designed just for sailing. We have had a number of clients upgrading to the Zeus3S as either a standalone product (connecting to existing systems) or as a full B&G System upgrade. They offer super-fast response times, delivering the information you need, when you need it. Easy-to-use, the Zeus 3S comes with B&G’s unique sailing features built-in; making it simple to navigate, plot routes, add waypoints and view key sailing or racing data, at the touch of a button or screen.